Monday, May 20, 2013

New Toy Phobia!


Awww :(


My husband bought our son a new toy and he is so afraid of it. I have no idea why he is scared of a cute puppy toy. He won't even go near it. We pretty much bought a $50 baby gate! I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when I took out a toy he used to play with when he was several months younger. I'm trying to figure out if it's the music or flashing lights that he's fearful of. It's almost amusing but I feel so bad for him. I started researching why babies act this way towards inanimate objects and what steps to take to help them overcome this fear. The keyword is patience!

Two interesting articles I found:


After reading those articles I have a better understanding of how to help him cope with this silly fear of new toys. We'll see in a few weeks if he has the courage to play with the "$50 baby gate". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...