• Package homemade biscotti, cookies, or even body products in vintage tins or jars. A beautiful container is an additional gift that the recipient can keep long after the handmade gift is gone.
• Instead of using traditional wrapping paper or gift bags, wrap boxes in craft paper and decorate with pens and markers. Wrap jars and bottles in fabric, burlap, or a pretty kitchen towel and secure it with colorful striped baker’s twine.
• Attach a Christmas ornament to the outside of the package in lieu of a traditional gift tag. Ornaments can be treasured for years to come.
• Include a hand-written note or card with the recipe for your gift – it is the gift that keeps on giving!
Vanilla Body Scrub
- 1 cup Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 or 2 drops of an essential oil (lavender, eucalyptus, ect.)
- Decorative, waterproof container
Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Spoon into a decorative, waterproof container. Wrap in decorative paper.
Instructions for use: Apply a small amount to damp skin while in shower or bath. Gently scrub skin with a soft washcloth. Rinse thoroughly.
Making this body scrub was extremely easy and fun! I used a few drops of lavender essential oil and even added lavender buds to the mix. It smells delicious. I tested it out on my hands and they were really soft afterward. It is very exfoliating so I had to be gentle or else I would have scrubbed my skin off.
Note: The Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla sugar is Kosher, Gluten-Free Certified, All-Natural, Allergen-Free and GMO-Free.
Want to create your own scrub for the holidays?
Enter to win a 8.5 oz bottle of Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar! (ARV $17.95)
Open to US only. Giveaway ends 12/10.