Thursday, July 4, 2013

New to Cloth Diapers!

After a year of using disposable diapers for Z, I finally made the switch to cloth diapers. I'm so glad I did. I think using cloth diapers was all I needed to really be a crunchy mama. ;)

Cloth Diaper


A friend of mine, who is also a Navy wife, was selling some of her cloth diapers for a great deal and I couldn't pass it up. She gave me some tips on how to use and clean cloth diapers and also try not to get addicted to buying more! I can see why she warned me, I've seen so many cute designs and want to buy them all.

I have always wanted to cloth diaper since Z was an infant. It's never too late to start, right?

What really made me make the switch was a disposable diaper mishap that happened one morning. I went to change Z's diaper and found that it had "exploded", causing all of the sodium polyacrylate to spill out and make a huge mess. Let me tell you, trying to clean these little gel crystals from the bed and the carpet was not easy. They bounced all over the place! 

Image via BabyGearLab

I emailed the diaper company with my concern about these crystals and even told them I was going to cloth diaper instead. They replied stating that they are not harmful and are "widely used in cosmetics and in food processing." Like that makes me feel any better. Of course, when they read that I was switching to cloth diapers, they offered a few dollar-off coupons. Thanks, but I'm sticking to cloth. :)

Cloth Diaper
My cutie pie

Do you cloth diaper? What are your favorite brands? Any advice for newbies?
I appreciate your input!




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...