Monday, July 22, 2013

Military Monday #1

Ashley over at Eights on the Move has created a new link-up for military spouses. Today begins the very first topic!





The topic for this Military Monday is WORK


Q: As a military spouse/significant other, how are you able to contribute to your family? Do you have a full or part time job? Are you in the military too? Stay at home mom? Stay at home wife? Student? 
A: Money-wise, I can't contribute much because I am a stay-at-home mom. I do make some money taking surveys online. I usually work up to a certain amount and then request a check or Amazon gift cards (my favorite!). I'd like to get a part-time job someday because I would love to contribute more.

 
Q: In between, all of the above? Have you used any of the military programs designed to help spouses/significant others find jobs? Did you work before & decide otherwise because of moving/timing/orders? Do you wish you could work but can't because of your particular circumstances in the military? Are you totally living it up with your dream job?!
A: I've researched the different programs to help military spouses find jobs. I always like to know what is available to me in case I need it someday. I did have a job back in 2011, before moving to Washington last year for the duration of my pregnancy. I've been a stay-at-home mom ever since. Sometimes I do wish I had a job because I love earning my own income. For now, I'll enjoy being at home with my son! I guess being a mom is my dream job ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...