Friday, April 25, 2014

The Real Military Wives of Blogland

Mal Smiles

I recently spotted a new link-up for military wives and had to jump on the bandwagon. I don't see many of these link-ups nowadays and I love visiting other military spouse bloggers!

This one is called The Real Military Wives of Blogland and originates from the creative minds of Mal Smiles and The Samantha Show.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hiccups and Sunshine

Hi, I'm Kelly. I'm 25, mommy to a toddler, and wife to my husband who serves in the Navy. My husband and I have known each other since we were 16, but we've been married for almost 2 years. Our anniversary is coming up next month!

Since becoming a couple in 2010, we've only been through one 7-month deployment. A month after he left in 2011, the devastating earthquake hit Japan and his ship was sent out to provide aid. This was probably the toughest time during the deployment. He volunteered for search and rescue so you can imagine the things he had to see. I was so worried throughout the entire time he was out there but I'm proud of him and the whole crew for doing what they did for Japan.

Operation Tomodachi

I flew out to Hawaii to meet up with him after his deployment. It was the best vacation I've ever had! I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Parasailing

Pearl Harbor

Lanikai Beach

Paradise Cove

Diamond Head Crater

Sunset Cruise

Ok, I don't want to flood this post with tons of pictures but I think you get it by now. :)
The best souvenir I took home from Hawaii was this:


And the rest was history!

Excited to see each other after a 3 week underway.

We are currently stationed in San Diego, CA. The only other place we've lived in was Bremerton, WA. I'm in love with California and Washington is a beautiful state.

I really have no complaints about the military life other than being far from family and friends back home (Orlando, FL). I'm thankful for the opportunities we've had and look forward to many more.


One thing I wish people knew about being a military spouse is that not all of us have professional pictures of ourselves with our husbands in their uniform. Did you notice my pictures? Seriously, I think we need to add that to our to-do list. ;)

US Navy Sailor

Have a great weekend everyone! 

PS: Don't forget to come back in May for the Military Spouse Appreciation Day Giveaway hop and enter some great giveaways! If you'd like to be part of the event, check out my post here

Military Spouse


 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...